For communities already affected by rising seas, the need to adapt has become abundantly clear in order to preserve neighborhoods and their way of life.
The Sea Level Rise Ready Community Program (Program) was developed to be the foundation for communities to achieve a rock-solid preparedness plan and resilience policy, and provide guidance from initial planning through final implementation. The Program focuses on creating transparency and clarity between governments, businesses, and private citizens. Through clear and consistent education and messaging around the topics of sea level rise and resilience, communities can achieve a unified vision for their future. Together, they can swiftly and decisively meet any challenge head on.
The Sea Level Rise Ready Community Program steers this discussion by targeting widespread support for effective measures. To achieve this outcome, the Program employs training seminars, goal-setting workshops, customized communication materials, and community outreach events. The Program serves as an educational and outreach campaign to encourage collaboration and strengthen the public will at any point along a community’s path to resilience.
The Sea Level Rise Ready Community Program is a partnership between Brizaga and the communities it serves. The main focus of the Program is to build public will, which will pave the way for effective action. We have laid out primary objectives for the Program, which will be customized to meet each community’s specific needs:
- Form resilience goals with key personnel, and communicate those goals to the diverse stakeholders of the community;
- Train government staff and elected officials for clear and consistent flood and sea level rise risk communication;
- Provide detailed, actionable information for community leaders and residents to use in decision-making;
- Coordinate and execute a 21st century public outreach campaign using customized materials; and
- Develop a long-term sea level rise adaptation plan for the community.
As part of the Program, local government leaders and key officials will receive full access to our staff, all of whom are devoted to assisting communities taking on the challenges posed by sea level rise. We are a partner on this resilience and adaptation journey.
For more details on the program or for a proposal, please contact us.
Read the press release for our program here: http://brizaga.com/sea-level-rise-ready-community-program